– We are back in the test cooking area. I have a special guest with me today. You may have seen him in
one of our previous videos a Michelin Celebrity Chef,
Chef Kono, a.k.a. ATS. We are evaluating yakitori gizmos. Yakitori is primarily a.
skewer with hen parts. – Yeah, we utilize so numerous components like breast, as well as thigh,.
Skin, and neck, and body organs, like liver, heart, so all the various.
components for the skewers. – We are utilizing a standard– – Yakitori grill. – Against this, we are.
examining 2 other gadgets, this baby, little one.
which is extremely convenient.And have you seen
one. of these prior to chef?- Very first time, so exciting. ( laughing) -Right? I ' m super. excited for this'one.
This set is the automated, so basically you plug it, skewer it, and after that you can leave. These are electrical, so the flavor is something that I'' m very curious. Is it really essential.
to have the charcoal or can you replace it with.
something like electrical? – Yeah.
– So we'' ll see. -That ' s the examination today. -It ' s a chicken thigh, little bite items.
is called poultry oyster. That'' s the joint muscle, this is separate.
– Oh so you divide those.
( laughing) – The finest part.
– Well that'' s the whole factor of yakitori, right? You wan na divide all.
the parts of the poultry. – Appreciate your different.
– You want them to be as even as feasible. – So between meat as well as fat.
of in between each layer. – Also, no pressure, meat is unwinded. – I wear'' t know what I did incorrect, yet his resemble really best and also mine appearances type of …
( laughing) You see the distinction? He'' s kind of flattened it out and also made sure that it was really evenly skewered all throughout. The difference between Michelin star (laughing).
as well as not-Michelin celebrity. Okay, I wan na attempt again.
– Wow, it looks good. Same dimension as well as exact same weight.
– Yeah, they all have to be the very same size. I'' m a fast learner.
( laughing) – That'' s best. Alright, the many standard binchotan grill.
– Yes, it'' s called Kishu Binchotan. It'' s a type of white oak.
from a special area in Japan. – Yeah, really, extremely unique.
– Very, really, really special.
– As well as left wing, we'' ll just utilize your regular charcoal.
that you can get anywhere. – So prior to we cook, the salt. After that if you require smoke a.
great deal, you should tap a whole lot, after that smoke comes out.
– Do you want it to be smoky? – Yeah, obviously.
– Due to the fact that you want the … – As well as the preference.
– Smoky flavor. Yakitori is all regarding the great smoky taste, which is why I'' m concerned.
with the electrical one reason we'' re not gon na get … -Yeah, that ' s not good.That '
s why charcoal with yakitori, it'' s like, various.- So'we ' ll see. – Yeah.- And how long are we cooking these for? – One min each, turn. – And you keep doing that?
– Flip them, yeah. – Till–.
– Until five, six minutes. – What'' s the factor
of. flipping them continuously? – Super warm grill, nice finish, char, then over like a minute turning, it'' s a nice balance. This is juicy, so I wear'' t want it missing out on. Conserve umami flavors inside the meat. If it'' s all missing, it'feels. like it ' s gon na be extremely completely dry.
– A little char. -It ' s gon na be after taste like char. Always tap it, then smoke.
shouldn ' t do this inside.- Oh yeah, inside your home.
– Don ' t do it inside. (laughing) Always exterior.
Unless you have an actually. large restaurant-quality vent, then it'' s fine.- Yeah, that ' s fine. – So a bit of soy sauce. The completed with fresh pepper. – Why black pepper at the.
end rather of before? – A fresh black pepper is an accent. – Even more fragrant.
– Yeah. – Can we do a yakitori joys? It'' s so juicy, see!
How can something so. Now I ' m actually questioning those.
– Allow ' s see.
It'' s actually tough to beat.- It ' s generally simply a coil. – No, it'' s so exciting,.
– And also you can use this inside your home certainly.
– Yes. (laughing) – How do we take a master yakitori chef and combine it with a most.
standard yakitori grill, we'' ll see. Is it about the chef, is.
it about the charcoal, or is it concerning the method? – We'' ll discover
out.'- We ' ll locate out.Do you desire?
– Give it a shot. – Ooh, seems good.
– Yeah? (Kono vocalizing barbecuing audio) You understand what, the biggest point for me is that you won'' t obtain. that'charcoal taste. That ' s the important things that
I suched as most regarding the yakitori.- It ' s type of like one taste flavoring.'Yeah, that ' s char flavor.- You can ' t really regulate the home heating. I literally can put my hand right below and also maintain it there for a while.
-It looks like it ' s steaming. – High warmth is coating exterior.
– So it secures in the dampness. – Yes seal.
Seal the wetness.- Yet if it'' s reduced. temperature, it ' s all gon na
, the juices are all just gon na.- All missing, decrease. Yeah. You see the juicy soup, this?- Oh, to make sure that ought to be. secured into the poultry- I put on ' t want it missing out on, this soup. Perhaps we ' ll placed it back. – Put it.
– Yeah, but it'' s working, home heating as well as skewered hen. – I mean it is functioning? It works.
– Simply not gon na be the.
best yakitori of your life. Skewers are finally done. It took 3 times as long.
It'' s so different, no char flavor. – However you understand what, I.
must should it'' s still better much better just simply a.
chicken thigh hen the oven. Well I believe the technique of skewering has still an impact on just how it'' s cooked.
– This is the automated yakitori grill. Skewer your meat, put.
You don'' t have to do anything. – Yeah, I require it. – Yet you understand what?
still require a human aspect due to the fact that you have to put it in, as well as skewering the meat naturally. But you recognize what? Allow'' s obtain. right into it, see how it functions.
– Yeah, metal skewers,. a lot more simple heating inside.
– This is so fun. – Oh, interesting.- So cute! -Yeah, lovely interior. (laughing) – It'' s like a little. merry-go-round inside. (carnival audios) You know what, if this played songs, it would certainly be worth that money. What concerning the chicken.
sort of being like– – The design.
– The gravity is making the hen shape.
a little bit like … Yeah, bumping into each other. How about if you make your skewers skinny? – It will certainly still function yet not.
– Obtained it, got it, it will certainly be as well completely dry. – Yeah, too dry, yeah.
– I believes that'' s better.- Actually, you believe that'' s much better?
– A great deal of trickling! Quick, high temperature level is. most likely ideal for yakitori. These digital makers,.
it'' s just not warm sufficient. – Not warm, yeah.
– Something to note is there'' s no smoke.
– No smoke. -No smoke at all.- Yet you see just how light that is?
– It doesn'' t— Appears like steamed poultry. – Yeah, it doesn'' t look really appetizing.
Hmm, it ' s a fresh chicken. -It ' s so monotonous. Yeah it ' s like so ummm … (Kono laughing)- Not steamed, not grilled.
It ' s not crispy, like I. almost favor the various other one.Right? -Yeah, that one '
s better.- But it ' s excellent things like 10 skewers, very same time, it will complete.
– Bad. – Have to do effort.
– Yeah, I believe that the factor is you can'' t defeat the human touch. ?
– Yeah. – As well as you understand what, if you.
wish to do yakitori in your home, you must do it the proper way. Simply have a good time with it. That'' s the whole factor. – It completes, it needs to be scrumptious. – Yeah, so I'' m sure there.
is yakitori grills available that are electric, that may work. In this instance, both that.
we had were not warm sufficient. Chef, what I found out from you today. Top, you have to cut.
– Yep, smoke flavor as well as.- Number 4, have actually a. master chef following to you.
( laughing) Thanks cook, so much. -Thank you so much.
I obtained it.( laughing ).
-That ' s the examination today. -It ' s gon na be after taste like char.- It ' s essentially simply a coil. -It looks like it ' s steaming. -It ' s so dull.